Sunday, October 05, 2008

Back after a break

Hi everyone

Well I'm back to reading after a break over the summer holidays. I don't know why it happens but I sometimes go through periods where I just don't feel like reading. The up side to this is that when I come back to reading I enjoy it so much that I think that by taking a break it increases my enjoyment.

I've posted the first of two reviews I want to do based on some of the books I've read over the last couple of weeks. Both are fantasy books. Brisingr is the third in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. The Hickory Staff is the first of a series of books by Robert Scott and Jay Gordon called the Eldarn Sequence. This is a similar type of fantasy to Charles Stross' Merchant Princes series, the our world and a fantasy world cross over.

I am going to try and read books other than my staple diet of historical crime fiction and fantasy over the coming months. One of the fans of this blog (you know who you are my friend) has suggested I should try to read some Asian books. Now I don't know if I'll be able to manage this but I have two books I'm intending to try (copies in local library permitting). They are A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth and The Mistress of Spices by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Whether this fulfils the request, I don't know but I feel its worth trying new things.

So there you go, all suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated! So feel free to drop me an e-mail or leave a message on this blog :)

I look forward to another good season of reading.

No comments: