Wednesday, January 16, 2008

An update

I think the first thing to say is a huge thank you to Sarah! I've
never won a web award of any sort so this is a real honour.
I realise I have to at some point post my crazy list of 7 facts
you didn't know about me and don't worry, I will! This is just
a quick post via e-mail to keep things ticking over.
 
I can't get to a proper internet connection until next week so
no reviews until then but you can look forward to the following
reviews:-
 
Farewell Britannia by Simon Young - a fictional account of a
British family under Roman rule. Spans four centuries so is
quite ambitious!
 
The Last Days of Newgate by Andrew Pepper - a murder
mystery/thriller set in the early 19th century. Quite dark.
 
Also if you're lucky I may get round to writing up a book I'll be
finishing in the next couple of days, The Dark Flight Down by
Marcus Sedgwick. It's a follow up to The Book of Dead Days
by the same author.
 
I've noticed of late more and more people are visiting this
site. I am so pleased that so many people out there are
reading. Please feel free to contact me about any of these
reviews or if there are any books you'd like to see me review.
All suggestions/criticisms/praise gratefully received :) The
 
A great many people who wander here via search engines
are searching for info about C J Sansom. Well, for those of
you in the UK the good news is that his next book in the
Matthew Shardlake series will be available from 4th April!
It's called Revelation and is set towards the end of Henry
VIII's reign, following on from the last book. I think those of
you in the US may have to wait until November
unfortunately!
 
In the meantime, happy reading!
 
This blog entry has been submitted by e-mail

No comments: