Saturday, February 24, 2007

Reading groups and my current pile of books

Well I've decided to join a reading group they're starting at work. My hopes that this blog would eventually lead to people making suggestions about other books to try hasn't really worked so perhaps a reading group will. I do want to broaden my range of books because I realise that perhaps I'm very set in what I read. So hopefully, if this group gets off the ground, I will start to review a wider range of books!

In the meantime I have a really big pile of books to read through so you can look forward to reviews of the following books over the next few months!

The Painted Lady by Edward Marston
Chaucer and the Doctor of Physic by Philippa Morgan
Deception Point by Dan Brown
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
Death in the Setting Sun by Deryn Lake
The Eye of Eternity by Maggie Furey
Heart of Ice by Alys Clare

1 comment:

The Book Fiend said...

Book groups are an excellent way to broaden your reading horizons. I'm a member of two (one on-line, the other in "real life") and it's meant I've read lots of books I wouldn't have done if left to my own devices.

I'll be checking out your blog regularly for some more recommendations. :)